Reply to this topicStart new topic
Melting Pot, take a peek. you know you want to~
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 23 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #31

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,405

In the heart of the research facility laid a triangular room, hidden away past three massive armoured doors and extensive security measures. The only people authoritized to enter were a few hand-picked doctors, the top echelon of the military and the project leader himself, Hazzard. Hazzard slipped through the narrow gap in the third armoured door and stepped into the triangular room. The walls were covered with tanks filled with some putrid liquid and in the middle there were a few work stations along with operation tables. In the very center stood a tank filled with some strange liquid and in that liquid floated a young man. The test subject had a mask over his face in order to keep him breathing and a myriad of wires were sticked onto him in order to monitor every aspect of the subjects condition. An assistant sat near the tank, filling in a report on his laptop. He did not glance at Hazzard as the project leader walked over to the tank, stretching his fingers as tough he was excited about something.

"How is he Mr. Reeve?" Hazzard inquired.

"Not taking into account a few signs of awareness, sleeping like a baby. Well, I guess that is what he technically is tough his frame doesn`t really let anyone onto that." Reeve responded in a casual manner, clearly pointing to the fact that the two had known each other long enough not to stick to formalities, or Reeve at least did not seem to.

"Appearances are unimportant considering, that he is to be the first, sane, of his kind we are going to release from their tank. I need not remind you what happened with the last one`s when we awoke them within the tank." Hazzard pointed out with a dose of venom in his voice.

"Then we`d better hope it doesn`t come to that." Reeve said with a grin on his face.

Hazzard walked over to the control panel next to the tank and inserted a key into a fitting spot before turning it. Hazzard had always been fascinated by evolution theories, but today he was about to embark upon creating his own with this test subject.....

--------------

Robert ran through the alleyways even tough there was very little his pursuers could do now to find him. He had managed to escape, but he felt as tough his pride had been a bit tarnished as the old man had survived yet then again it might prove entertaining, this game of cop and criminal. He had no illusions about taking on the whole city however, that is why he chose his battles well and would continue to fight another day. That incident just now was not planned, it was simply a spontaneous kill and as he had very little information about where he stood, he did not want to risk being cornered.

Robert was still grabbing one of his colts and smirked as he reloaded the gun. There would be a better time for a battle, on his terms where he would emerge victorious and he always won, in the end.

--------------------

I am love, I am hate, I'm an atheist with faith, Vent my anger with a smile
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Feb 25 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

Not a moment after, General Becker somehow found herself inside that triangular room, her face the same emotionless mask as ever. While she wasn't quite yet near the tippy top of the militant pyramid, she did in fact have enough pull to access deep into the underbelly of the facility as one of the main project overseers.

Just one quick stop for her before she set out to find what she really wanted.

"I guess you're having fun, pretending you have that much pull in this facility, if you think you can promote Wicker like that."

How news of that got to the General's ears so quickly, no one would ever know. It was improbable, practically impossible, but the woman was the eyes and ears of the facility, not to mention, the law when the commander wasn't around.

"When exactly were you planning on asking your superiors if such a thing was authorized?" Her voice was soft and emotionless, but it held a hint of venom in it. "Or did you merely think we would let it slide, like always?" Her eyes narrowed slightly, her calm demeanor not at all changing. "I don't appreciate the way you think you can undermine the commander's authority, Hazzard, and I doubt he does, either."

She eyed the tank with the subject inside with what seemed to be both curiosity and disdain. "If this happens again, you can make sure that the plug will be pulled on your little project. Don't think yourself powerful for a second; you don't even have a rank."

While her words were still with an eerie calmness, the very last word seemed to sting with very unexpected contempt towards the doctor in the gasmask.

~o~o~o~

The redhead merely brushed himself off as the older man bowed his head slightly in shame. "Pardon... my hearing's not what it used to be." He admitted, rubbing at his forehead. "Just-- go." Now he was the one to 'shoo' them away; mainly because, thanks to his little stumble, they had attracted the attention of everybody in the bar...

Which meant that it was as good a time as any to leave.

~o~o~o~

Even after deftly avoiding the shrapnel, save for a new nicks here and there, Cedric found himself at a loss; his car had apparently been hi-jacked as he was making his escape. No doubt, some low-brow crook trying to make a quick getaway, assuming the bullets and the explosion must've been meant for them. But, while his first instinct was to blow out the tires, he was... torn.

Get his car back, or keep trying to find the ghoul?

He opted for the latter, but another day. It was still far too early, and his daughter would worry far too much.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Feb 26 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #33

Alchemists

Member No.: 47,159

Suddenly, the screech of a forced engine, and the smell of burnt rubber broke the apparent calm of the street...
Just a few blocks away an apparently normal car did a full 180º spin and started racing back...at a pretty dangerous speed. Before Cedric could blink twice his own car had raced past him, the red haired girl at the wheel not even giving him a glance...mainly because she was too busy focusing on the accelerator and the closed door at the bar.
----
Without even looking back Anna just started walking away as Raphael gave them an understanding nod before following. The demon waved the folded photo infront of Raphael's face as a light smirk creeped into her lips "A tagger...you know what that says to me? It says "punks"...or better yet, it says "anarchists" She hissed, almost as if spitting the words out.
The vampire opened his mouth to answer, but then closed it just as quickly, almost as if having second thoughts.
"It's time we give them a little visit..." She was saying as they both walked out of the bar, but before she could finish her sentence they both noticed a car racing down the street toward them. "Hey...isnt that one of those cars cops use to spy people?" The demon asked blankly as she looked down to grab an almost empty pack of cigarettes inside her pocket...and as she raised her hand to put the cigarette in her lips, she noticed the driver in the car...and how said driver sharply turned the wheel towards their direction...
----
Red felt her pulse building up as the bar got closer and the door opened up. "Perfect timing..." She whispered, before she suddenly opened the door of the car and jumped out...
----
"F*!@..." was all that came out of Anna's lips before she suddenly felt herself being pushed out of the way.
Cigarettes flying in the air and her skull hitting the cold concrete was all she managed to notice before a deafening blast of fire, metal and glass made her body fly through the air again...
----
Simone stopped and turned around in puzzlement as she heard another blast. For a second she looked interested, but then shrugged and started walking again into the maze of dark alleys...

--------------------

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) signature to help him on his way to
(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Feb 26 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #34

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Adding another character…
Name: Leon Allard
Species: Human/Animal hybrid
Appearance: this
Abilities/Skills: Is physically stronger than the average human. Can also run faster and jump higher. However, this causes him to exhaust himself quickly; he has to eat and sleep a lot, but barely does either, and this neglect for his well-being has worn down his physical and mental health.
Personality: Careless, outspoken, short-tempered, aggressive. He has his moments of naivety. Usually says what’s on his mind. Self-indulgent, self-destructive. At times he can be surprisingly sympathetic.
History: Not much is known about his past. However, he apparently did suffer abuse as a child, and that is probably why he is always quick to distrust and get frustrated with both himself and with other people. Due to some kind of gene splicing project, he is part animal; it is unknown as to what kind of animal he partly is, but it seems to be some kind of predator. Currently he is busy being a lazy good-for-nothing.
Family: no one important
Other: He is addicted to caffeine, and can barely function without it.

---
Sinclair was quick to dismiss Hazzard’s warning as nothing to worry about; Sinclair had been through hell for the past two years. True, he barely remembered the worst parts of it, but since he was released, he was barely afraid of threats of any kind.

He watched Hazzard leave, as though contemplating whether or not to shout a quick ‘thanks’, but he quickly turned back to his work. He was thrilled to be given work again- real work. But it seemed there was a lot to do. He muttered to himself as he examined the area, “Now, where to begin…”

---

There seemed to be a commotion outside near Leon’s apartment. ‘What the hell is that? Gun shots?’ he thought in his half-conscious state as he woke up.

“Trying to sleep… in this city? Ha. What a joke,” he mumbled to himself.

Then he heard an explosion, which successfully woke him up and made him jump out of bed. “You’ve gotta be kidding me…”

He was annoyed at the noise, but curious as to its source. He quickly got dressed and stuck his head out the window, planning to head back in and down the main stairwell and watch the scene (if there was any) like some kind of sports game. However, he was surprised to see some gunslinger in a white coat coming from the direction of the smoke. Leon could only suspect that his guy was partly responsible for the ruckus, and swung out onto the fire escape. While he hastily and skillfully climbed down the fire escape, he shouted with a slightly malicious tone (since he was still angry about being woken up, and was ready to blame anyone he could) to the stranger:

“Hey buddy, what’re you running from?”

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 27 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #35

Alchemists

Just as he was about to flip the switch, Hazzard was interrupted by the meddeling General Becker. At first his hand wrapped into a fist as above all he hated anything, that impeded his work, the time and effort he put into this was too valuable to be wasted because of petty byrocratics. Taking a deep breath, Hazzard calmed himself and unfolded his fist before turning to face Becker with an attitude, that seemed almost jovial to an extent to countermeasure her icy calm. At the same time he drew they key from it`s slot and slipped it in his pocket.

"Ah General, excellent timing I was just about to tell you regarding the changes I made involving Mr. Wickers position...." Becker did not even flinch at huis jovial tone, most likely it only made her ever more suspicious and let her think he was planning something behind her back.

"... I wasn`t aware that Mr. Wicker was promoted at all general, merely reassigned to another work station. Considering his former talent and accomplishments I thought of making the most of him by placing him in charge of a test batch, that warrants little to no interest to myself. Besides it was my impression, that I am the leading scientist on this project and it fell under my jurisdiction to run it as I saw fit. I tend to think it does not seem so unreasonable for me to take a little initiative nor can you dispute the progress we have been making."

Hazzard flip flappantly explained his standing, tough clearly hinting that Wicker was clearly being taken for a fool by him.

----

The sound from above did little to startle Robert, he turned to face the stranger, but did not say a word as he put away the gun in his hand. The least he needed now was more attention and another racket to guide those chasing him.

"Not something you would like to know about."

Robert shot back at the stranger with an unhospitable tone as he pulled aside the other side of his coat, revealing his pistol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Feb 27 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #36

Judging from the guns and the stranger's suspicious attitude, it was clear that he had been a part of whatever woke Leon up earlier. He slid down the ladder and casually hung on the bottom rung like a kid on monkey bars.

He almost laughed, "Well, actually, it is something I would like to know about, since it seems that a guy can't get a little shut-eye in this city since freaks like you just love to cause a commotion wherever you go." His voice got louder and angrier as he spoke until it reached a point where he was shouting. He finally let go of the ladder and dropped to the ground. It occurred to Leon that he may have been picking a fight with this guy who was carrying a gun- multiple guns, actually- but then again, Leon was never one to let his common sense get in the way of his bad temper.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Feb 27 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #37

Alchemists

Robert folded his coat back over his guns as he realized, that he was not getting anywhere with this idiot, who just crawled out of his appartment and started picking a fight with a stranger. Why should he concern himself with the business of others and place himself in danger when he clearly has no part in it. Robert chuckled briefly and shrugged, clearly not interested in continuing the argument with Leon.

"Then go back to sleep, I do not have time to waste on a bum, who just crawled out of the gutter."

Robert said back at Leon before turning around on his heels and starting to walk away, but his other hand was in his pocket and grabbing one of his uzi`s in case the idiot tried to jump him from behind.

----------

(Another character of mine, add this one to the military for now)

Name: Azrael Subject Number VII, Leech.
Race: Genetically modified human
Classification: Genestealer
Personality: Silent, practically a mute at this point, inquisitive.
Strong points: Quick to adapt, tireless, straightforward.
Weak points: Little to no understanding of the world, impulsive, naive.
Weapons: Natural fighting ability
Abilities/Skills: Able to adapt and consume vast amounts of knowledge in a matter of days(mainly meant to bring him up to speed about the world), capable of stealing features and memories of living beings via consuming their flesh.
Appearance: Pale, blonde haired youth with sharp features. The roman numeral VII branded on his palm.
History: Contained in the heart of the military facility, Subject number VII is the first Azrael subject deemed sane and capable of functioning outside the tank. Leech as he is referred to, has merely opened his eyes a few times before falling back to hibernation, but soon he is about to plunged into what will be a bloody and cruel existance.
Picture: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/cjbl...Male/ECP-05.jpg

---------------

Voices in the light.

Annoying, not now, go away, still sleepy.

Again, waking me, bothersome.

It thought with a frown forming on it`s face. It, Azrael Subject Number VII, had only as of late become self-aware. Slowly, but surely it had come to acknowledge the tank as it`s natural habitat for it was the only thing he had ever known. Yet it knew that there was something out there, something beyond the confines of his little world, a place shrouded with light, free of the liquid in which he floated and inhabbited by hazy figures clad in white. They all looked the same to it, save for the one with a dark face or was that a face? How did he even know a face was? As much as it wanted to sate it`s own inquisitive nature, it had an equal desire to be left unperturbed within that, which it acknowledged as the world. Yet it had no strength to break free like a hatchling still contained within it`s egg, unable to free itself, merely at the mercy of it`s creators.

The voices faded away and the dark face turned away from the window peering into his world.

Still sleepy..... maybe later...

It mused silently as slumber overtook it`s conciousness once again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
That One Dude
post Mar 7 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 46,559

((The opening post has been updated.))

"Don't twist my words. You know exactly what the issue is." She remarked coolly, lifting her head ever so slightly to observe the humanoid within the tank. "Wicker is not emotionally stable. We had him where he was for a reason..."

She turned to look at Hazzard again, this time with a slightly less cold expression. "Whatever little mistake he might make, it will fall on you."

One final glance towards the tank, and she slowly strode away from the room.

With her absence, a chill seemed to be lifted from the very atmosphere.

~o~o~o~

Luckily for Elias and Charon, with Chompy in tow, they were already out of the bar by this point, having used instead the back entrance. However, they were still close enough to hear the blast from the vehicle in the bar...

"Crap. That was my favorite hangout!" Elias snarled under his breath as he broke into a light jog.

Charon, struggling to follow, merely chuckled. "Perhaps for the best, sir. You're far too young to die of liver failure."

"Ha ha. That was so funny, I almost forgot to laugh." He remarked bitterly, taking a detour through one of the alleys.

~o~o~o~

After seeing his own car whiz by, Cedric was... stunned. The day had taken the weirdest turn of events for the middle-aged man, and he wasn't really in any mood to deal with what was going on. But, seeing the damn thing crash against the bar like that, he was forced to check it out now...

Walking into the bar through the gaping hole in the wall, he stumbled a bit. "Is anybody hurt?" He called out, briefly flashing his badge to the patrons. "Is anybody injured?"

He spotted the apparent corpse of what seemed to be a young woman with silver hair, and frowned. "Somebody call nine-one-one, right now!"

~o~o~o~

What a ruckus. People just aren't being quiet today...

After the several explosions, gunfire, and yelling, Clarence was roused to wake as well. And even though he was irritated enough to gnaw someone's head off, he was calm. So, stumbling out to the fire escape, he peered down at what, to him, smelled like a cat and a zombie arguing loudly.

"Keep it quiet, would you, sirs? I'm tryin' to catch a few winks here, and you boys aren't helping." He narrowed his eyes slightly. Oh, testosterone was heavy in the air... in his half-asleep state, he really should've reconsidered stepping outside.

But when a careless little playboy like Clarence was granted the inability to either die or age, his self-preservation withered until it was non-existant.

~o~o~o~

((I'll be adding two new characters of mine.

Name: Roma Valerios
Species: Devil
Appearance: Will be up soon.
Personality: Nice. Very nice. Until you get him mad.
Special Abilities: Can redirect energy, manipulate fire, has a thousand little tricks up his sleeve from the useless to the incredibly powerful, but does not use his powers often. Can also transform into a strange-looking creature.
Weaknesses: He's not very smart, and he's far too trusting of strangers. Gullible, naïve. Has virtually no resistance to the cold.
Preffered Weapons: A long-sword with a hilt engraved with rubies.
Profession: Shopkeeper/odd-job specialist.
Position: Owner and sometimes manager of Valerios' Trinket Trade
Miscallenous: He's very fond of witches.

Name: Orestes Valerios
Species: Devil-Demon Hybrid
Appearance: Will be up soon.
Personality: Stoic and not very sociable. Keeps to himself and likes to keep it that way.
Special Abilities: He's an expert with a spear. Can suck the energy out of someone within contact.
Weaknesses: Lazy, doesn't like following orders, has very limited vision due to the fact that he was born with only one eye.
Preffered Weapons: Spears.
Profession: Shopkeeper/odd-job specialist.
Position: Manager and occasional guard for Valerios' Trinket Trade
Miscallenous: He can best be described as a cyclops.))

They were nearly halfway across the city, but they still heard. Both of them did.

"What do you think the body count will be?" the cyclops remarked, picking at his sharp teeth with his spear.

The much more normal-looking man furrowed his brow slightly. "... Thirty."

"So few?" The older laughed a bit. "Let's bet on it."

"How much?"

"Ninety gold conquistador coins."

"You have yourself a deal, cousin."

They shook hands, and waited.

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 7 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #39

Alchemists

"Calm down gramps, nobody's dead...at least no yet" The "corpse" grumbled as it literally rose from the ground. The girl looked down, just to notice her right arm bending in the opposite way, and the skin in her legs having some nasty second degree burns. "Hey Raphael...you alive?" The girl asked as she looked around. "Yeah..." A muffled voice said, apparently coming from under some fallen debris "Good cause you owe me a pack of cigarettes you f*!@er" Anna hissed sharply as she managed to get up. Without giving it a second thought she grabbed her arm, pushed the displaced bone back to it's original place and then turned around to look at Cedric...almost as if wondering what should they do with him. "Got any cigarettes officer?" She asked politely, her words loaded with sweet poison.
-----
Running into the maze of alleys Red only stopped when the sound of the sirens had completly drowned out. As she sat down and took a deap breath, a smirk of satisfaction creeped into her lips. She knew EXACTLY what would be the consequences of her acts, but she also knew it was time she DID something...besides, they couldnt possible find her. "Is not as if dem kno' who did it, right?" A voice asked behind her. Red turned around quickly just to find Simone looking at her.
"No way...uh uh...not in the mood for your crazy sh¡t Mo" Red groaned as she got up and started walking away. Having know the witch for a while now (they met when Simone tried to swindle her and in return Red tried to beat the sh¡t out of her...both of them ending in jail) she knew exactly what sort of stuff crossed her mind
"Why not? 'Cause you know I'm right?" Simone asked as she followed calmly. "Dont you have some creepy talismans or stinky potions to sell?" Red mumbled as she gave Simone a skeptic glare. "I do infact...I just thought a piece of advice to da fool was needed" The witch said as she pouted resentfully "Listen...I'll be honest: I dont belive in your hoodoo or voodoo or whatever you call it...so thanks but no thanks" Red stated sharply before she turned around again and walked away "Ok...fair enough...remember Red: I warned you" Simone said as she snickered softly "Yeah, yeah...I'll keep it in mind" Red mumbled as she shook her head.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Mar 8 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #40

Before Leon could respond, make a grab at, or possibly attack this first stranger, a voice from above distracted him- which made Leon all the more irritated. He looked up to see this other person who Leon ironically found no sympathy for, even though he himself had been in a similar situation just a minute ago.

"Hey, mind your own business! But, y'know, if you really wanna yell at someone, you can blame this a*shole over here." He gestured toward the gunslinger.

Although Leon was distracted for the moment, he still made sure this gunslinger would not leave his sight.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 13 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #41

Alchemists

(No one is posting...)

Both Simone and Red stopped short when they hear angry voices. But while the red haired girl seemed troubled -knowing that after her little "act" it wasnt wise letting herself be seen- the witch just looked curious, as she stepped forward carefully, having heard two familiar voices.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 14 2011, 06:08 AM
Post #42

Alchemists

(I was on a trip, didn`t mention it, but now I am back.)

Spinning on his heels Robert drew his sawed-off shotgun and aimed it square at Leon`s face whilst holding the other uzi low in case the troublemaker would prove more quicker than anticipated. Robert face was shadowed by a grin as he had hoped to avoid conflict, but as soon as he realized that Leon was about to tail him, he took swift action.

"I gave you a fair chance to just walk away punk, a chance to save your sorry arse and now I am going to give you the chance to meet your maker."

He said with an athmosphere of bloodlust about him and a piercing look in his eyes.

----------

Hazzard glanced quietly at the brigadier general as she left the room, but turned away as soon as she had left. He turned to the tank and began inputting codes to secure the tank for transfer, it was about time to set things in motion, events that the brigadier generals measly vision of a research facility hardly warranted. After inputting the codes the tank suddenly sank into the floor from whence it came and disappeared out of sight. Hazzard turned to Reeve, who seemed unphased by the brigadier generals visit.

"We are starting the experiment, have you chosen valid candidates?"

"I managed to round up a feasibly suitable group, given the fact that they are just waste with some potential I think we can use them without presenting any risk at all to Number VII. These guys are from Sinclair`s test subjects, he won`t be missing them anyhow."

"Well that`s a nice co-incidence.... send him a message to transfer the subjects and arrive at `The Pit` himself."

The Pit was where actual combat tests took place, pitting experiments against one another like gladiators of old with an entirely different purpose or various other tests. However it appeared that only a meager minority of the personnel took any pleasure in vitnessing these experiments. Reeve nodded and in a minute a message flashed on Sinclairs workstation to bring four designated subjects to The Pit. Hazzard had an almost joyous mood as he made his way to The Pit.

------------

The world was moving, occasionally shifting. Something was happening, something new, it did not like the situation. After minutes of moving, the world stopped and silence descended upon Leech`s tank. It did not know whether it should remain on the lookout for an attack or whether it should merely assume, that it was something temporary. Instincts took the better of Leech as it began feeling out the lines of the tank, which now seemed to be attached to something. In that split second, the liquid began to the drain out of his world and the space began to fill with it. Leech`s immidiate reaction was panic, attempting to claw it`s way out of the odd thing that pushed the familiar liquid away from it.

As the water cleared everything through the glass was clear and bright, almost blinding to Leech. It dropped on all fours as the water no longer held it within it`s embrace and the mask withdrew forcing Leech to frivolously gasp for air, with heavy heaving breaths. Inside it`s head Leech was screaming and terrified out of it`s mind, with it`s eyes darting back and forth. After a moment of sprawling it accustomed to the new enviorment and pushed itself up to face the opening doorway of the tank, uncertain yet curious Leech hesitated before wandering out of the tank into a cylinder room. The room was empty, white walls surrounded Leech all around, only a pile of clothes were laid before the tank.

For some strange reason it knew what these things were and what they were meant for, it dressed on the white pants and loose white shirt. Leech assumed these were necessary in this new world and like a child in wonder, kept staring at them as well as his surroundings. As soon as Leech had absorbed the changes to it`s habitat, the time was extensive, it simply sat down before the tank and waited for something new to happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Mar 15 2011, 05:10 PM
Post #43

To a normal person, a gun aimed at the face might mean that it was time to give up. However, Leon was not normal (to be specific, he was just stupid, and not to mention in want of some sleep) and saw this as an open invitation to further antagonize.

Leon simply raised an eyebrow as though incredulous. "You don't have to aim that thing at me. What the hell am I gonna do, anyway? I'm just a 'bum', right? But, y'know, this 'bum' has half a mind to fetch the police." He glanced around quickly, figuring out how much space he had in which to run. He figured he could outrun an attack, even move out of the way of gunshots if he needed to, but once he was shot in the right place, that was, like any human or animal, the end for him.

"Though, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure they'd fare well against a psycho like you.”

Leon quickly moved so he now was behind the stranger. He kicked him square in the back; it wasn't a strong kick, just enough to make the gunslinger’s balance falter. Leon really didn’t have the energy for an all-out fight, but he was angry enough to annoy this guy as much as he could. As soon as Leon had done that, he jumped back and onto a dumpster, pretending to not be prepared to run from gunfire if necessary.

"Seriously, man. What are you gonna do? Kill me and let that guy sleep? That's so unfair. You could just apologize for being so loud. Y'know, you can conduct whatever 'business' you have quietly," Leon was really just trying to provoke at this point, and he would have found it hilarious had he not had guns pointed at him.

---

When the unexpected message came up, Sinclair- being momentarily startled- jumped.

“Alright, then,” he said to himself as he calmed down.

So with the subjects properly transferred, he found Hazzard and Reeve (with some difficulty, seeing as how Sinclair was unfamiliar with this place, brought out of the loathsome workspace of that morning and now free to walk about- like some skittish animal taken out of a cage but, having been caged so long, had already lost its familiarity with the wilderness).

Sinclair was feeling the need to defend himself, as though he was going to get in trouble if he didn’t lie and say to Hazzard as he approached, “I’ve been making progress… uh, sir.”

This was not a complete lie, but it was not a complete truth; Sinclair had only been left in there long enough to organize his files and his thoughts. It just seemed like something he felt he should say to avoid disapproval. With this sudden feeling of paranoia he thought it strange, but he never questioned or worried over it.

“What’s this?” he asked, immediately dropping his formal tone and looking around.

--------------------

my deviantART

+Quote Post
MaiShadowAlchemi...
post Mar 15 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #44

Alchemists

At the mention of the "police" Red instantly stepped back and hid behind the wall, signaling Simone to close her mouth and get out of there "No way...if someone dies here, that's luck for me" The witch mumbled nonchalantly as she waved the idea aside.

--------------------

(><) world domination.

+Quote Post
The Mad Bomber
post Mar 17 2011, 05:30 AM
Post #45

Alchemists

As Robert felt the kick connect, he rolled through and stopped in a kneeling position with both guns pointed at the bum sitting on the dumpster. Sneaky bastard, Robert had a hunch that this one was not what he seemed to be at first sight and he was more troublesome by character than most. Not to mention, that pointless prattle, which had little to no effect on Robert for he had heard too many akin this this guy. They were all talk, even dared to claim to know everything and seemed to be thinking, that they exclusively had some rights. Yet when they were faced with a true horror or a challenge, they faltered or fled, garbage all the same.

Robert slowly rose to his feet with his guns still pointed at Leon, but he did not even pull the trigger. The fool at least had one point, he could fetch the police and the police were no match for him, but Robert would be long gone when the police got there. Robert suddenly chuckled a bit and put his guns away, like he had intended before, he was not interested in this fight. To be provoked by this idiot would certainly had consequences in, which Robert was mot very keen on taking part.

"And I guess you would know a psycho when you saw one?"

Robert asked with an amused tone in his voice before starting to walk away again without even giving Leon the chance to retort. If Leon seriously thought that kicking and punching Robert was going to have an effect then he`d have to think twice, but if the fool came close-range, Robert would be sure to use his shotgun to blast the idiot away.

------------

Hazzard glanced quietly at Sinclair as the man mumbled something at first and then inquired the reason he was invited to The Pit, clearly Reeve had been minimal on details and it was for the best. Hazzard pointed at the round space below them, beyond the windows. The group assembled out of Sinclairs test subjects was being led into the area and they all seemed nervous about the reason as to why they were there, tough much more so than Sinclair. Hazzard flip flappantly tossed a memo about Leech to Sinclair without even looking at him.

"I thought you would like to take part in a live demonstration, I have released Azrael subject number VII, or Leech as we call him for the sake of simplicity, from his tank. Also considering, that these are your test subjects you would appriciate to know why they were taken from you, no?"

Hazzard explained with a certain degree of jovialness in his voice before he stepped up to a monitor and opened an audio channel to the space below them. His voice startled the subjects, but they soon threw angry glances around as they were unable to see where the windows were hidden.

"Good day, test subjects. As much as I hope, that you have enjoyed your accomodations here at our meager facility. I am afraid it has come time for us to part ways, how that ends up however is entirely up to you."

As Hazzard spoke another door opened to the round room and figure emerged. Clothed in pale white clothing, a skinny, pale young man with blonde hair emerged. He seemed completely oblivious as to where he was and gazed around silently with his eyes a bit too wide from wonder or curiousity. The young man`s eyes locked first onto the researchers as tough he had seen them all along and then at the test subjects in the space with him. For a minute or so, he examined them from a far and Hazzard remained quiet, allowing the tension in the room to build. Suddenly Leech simply sat on the floor with his knee`s against his chest and his arms wrapped around them like a newborn babe.

Hazzard would have been smirking visibly, if he had not worn a mask, as he leaned to speak once more.

"This is a simple test, there are four of you and he is alone. All you four have to do is to kill him and I will set you free from this place, no strings attached. Like snapping a baby`s neck, he is a human and malnourished as where you have been modified to be superior.... However, hesitate and suffer the consequences."

A glimmer of hope could be seen in the test subjects eyes, but as much as they wanted to believe they could escape this nightmare, they suspected a trap ecspecially because of the small praise Hazzard had given them. Leech did not even flinch as the four test subjects seemed to be heatedly debating their next course of action amongst themselves. After a moment one of them took reigns and persuaded the others, that their freedom was a hair breadth`s away.

-------

Footsteps, four of them, the voice from the wall spoke no more. Leech raised it`s hazy eyes to face the four subjects bearing down on him with malicious intent in their eyes. It could feel their desperation, the anxiety and bloodlust. Two with clawed hands, one built like a battering ram and one thin like a twig. Slowly it rose to it`s feet and out of nowhere began stretching it`s limbs as tough not concerned by the four test subjects approaching it. Apparently one was not able to keep his cool and charged forwards, slashing with his claws. It did not comprehend why these beings akin to it yet different wished him harm, but it had an inkling how to act in this situation. How it knew it all of this, it did not know, simple instinct guided it for now.

Before he knew it Leech was already gone, leaping over the man`s shoulder with his hand grabbing on it. Leech came down with a kick into the face of another one following the first, sending her stumbling to the ground with a broken nose whilst still grabbing onto the man`s shoulder. Shifting it`s feet Leech took a firm stance before procceeding to toss the man over his own shoulder onto the woman on the ground. A fist, the size of a bowling ball, came flying at his head and by a hair`s breadth Leech moved his head, but was forced to stagger back a bit, loosing it`s balance for a moment. The twig of a man charged at Leech and grabbed onto it`s shoulder with the intent of biting Leech with his razor sharp teeth.

At that moment Leech knew very little of sustanance, but it figured that one of these might do. It grabbed the subject by the chin to avoid being biten and sunk it`s own teeth into the deliciously bare neck of the attacker. The rest of the test subjects were taken aback by this sudden display of brutality as their companion graggled his last breaths with blood gushing from his torn throat and mouth before falling face first to the ground. Leech licked it`s lips, that were now stained in dark red blood along with it`s shirt and arms.

The trio closed ranks and began to circle around Leech as it`s seemed none too concern with the threat they opposed, merely blankly stared at them and at his blood covered hands with a sense of curiosity, even excitement.

------------

"Wonderful isn`t it?"

Hazzard inquired from Sinclair as he had expected his subordinate to have look at the memo and then witnessed the gory scene.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 05:04 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css